Medics is available under Administration -> Medics
The medics in the system are the owners of the medical records. The medical records of a medic can be entered by the medic, or by users assigned to the medic.
Create a New Medic
1. Click the New Medic button on the tool bar.
2. Enter information in the text boxes. Use the Tab key to move from box to box.
3. Click the Save and Close button to save the record.
Editing a Medic
1. Select a Medic in the viewer and click the Edit button on the tool bar.
Deleting a Medic
1. Select a Medic in the viewer and click the Delete button on the tool bar.
2. Answer Yes to the confirmation prompt to remove the Medic.
Assign users to a Medic
A user assigned to a certain medic can create medical records on behalf of that medic. The typical case is the medic's assistant who types in the notes.
By default each new medic is assigned to all users. See the check box in the Medic Editor
To restrict access of who can create records for the medic, you'll need to uncheck the box, and then assign certain users to the medic.
1. Open the Assign User window - from Administration -> Medics, right-click the Medic to which you want to assign or unassign users, and select Assign User from the context menu.
2. Using the Assign User dialog
In this dialog, the unassigned users are in the left list and the assigned ones in the right list.
2.1. Assign a User to a medic
To assign a User to the Medic select the user or users from the left list and click the > button. To save the changes to the database click the Save and Close button.
2.2. Unassign a User to a medic
To unassign a User to the Medic select the user or users from the right list and click the < button. To save the changes to the database click the Save and Close button.
Note that unassigning a User from the Medic will restrict the view and creation of records on the behalf of that Medic for the unassigned User.
These operations are available only for users in the Administrators group.