Appointments and Events represent time reserved for activities that may involve inviting other people or reserving resources.
Create a New Appointment
1. In the Calendar view double-click the time when the appointment is scheduled to begin.
The Appointment Editor will be displayed.
2. In Subject text box, type the subject of appointment.
3. Use the Category combo box, and assign a category to your item, in order to particularize it by color and image, for at-a-glance identification.
4. Select the Calendar the appointment is part of (by default the current viewed Calendar).
5. In Start Time and End Time, enter dates and times (or use drop-down menus).
6. Select Reminder check box to specify if and when you want to be reminded.
7. Use the large text area to enter info you want to include regarding the appointment (rich text editing).
8. Click Contacts button to assign Contacts to the appointment.
9. You can send a Mail Notification to the assigned contacts by pressing the Notify button.
10. Set the appointment as being a private one by checking the Private check box or use the Sharing option from toolbar in order to define custom sharing.
11. Click Save and Close button to save the appointment and return to Calendar
Schedule a Recurring Appointment
A recurring appointment on your Calendar contains a double arrow icon.
1. While in Appointment editor on menu bar choose Recurrence.
2. The Appointment Recurrence dialog box appears on top of Appointment dialog box
3. In Appointment Time area, enter Start and End times.
4. In Recurrence Pattern area, indicate frequency of appointment (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly). When you select an option, the Recurrence Pattern area changes.
5. Enter day, month, and other options as needed.
6. In Range of Recurrence area, enter:
Start date when recurring appointments begin
No End Date if the appointments are not on limited schedule
End After if there is a specific number of appointments
End By if the appointments end on specific date
7. Click Save and Close to close Appointment Recurrence box
You can reserve Resources for any scheduled appointment, depending on their availability.
1. Select the Resources tab page in the Appointment editor.
2. By pressing the Assign resources button, you can select from the existing resources list the required resources
3. The time grid to the right of each resource name shows the availability of the resources.